Monday, June 26, 2023

Business and Pleasure

 

I have been co-organising an internal conference that takes place this week and like all work-related tasks that I am not super intrinsically motivated for I try to do it as best as I can, but am good at avoiding doing it in a structured way in the sense of writing check-lists or ticking off completed tasks. The colleague I am organising this event with is of the checklist type, however, meaning we compliment one another perfectly.
I am writing this post an hour before my dinner guests are due (it is Saturday) and as always I have spent the day baking up a storm and preparing everything for 3 courses, TV-chef style, so only heating or assembly or some such last steps are needed. I really am systematic and organised AF in my private life, very much unlike my laissez-faire chiiilled approach to most work-related things. I guess it just goes to show that things I have a passion for, and cooking/baking/entertaining really are some of my favourite things to do, bring out the most organised version of me, whereas something that is a task or chore for me either brings out my inner disengaged robot or, more likely, has me wing it, knowing it will work out just fine without that much effort. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist