Monday, May 01, 2023

Spaced Out

I have mentioned the anarchist approach to gardening I took when I first claimed the little plot in Highflyer's garden that has become my "lab" for green experiments of all sorts. Well, over the past 3 years I became slightly more organised and systematic, tore out weeds and was less generous with the seeds I sowed, giving the green creatures a little more space to grow and develop. Like so many topics that are only interesting for insiders - sourdough bread, the Thermomix Cult as I call it (and I still have no intention of joining it), children if you don't have any yourself, to name just a few - gardening is endlessly boring for the uninitiated, but totally satisfying for the ones who have seen the fruits of their labour. It is tempting to  expand my operation and grow more things, but elderly relatives who basically would not leave their house during the summer months for fear of thunderstorms or draughts that could potentially wreak havoc on their "plantation" remain a cautionary tale and I want to keep my beach-towel-sized patch in order to became a slave of the garden.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist