Monday, April 03, 2023

Holy Grail

Well, we all do remember the title of this blog, don't we? Despite that, I've long shifted the focus from lunch-hour shopping exploits to a myriad of other topics...not only because I don't work right in the epicentre of retail attractions any longer. Recently, I bought THE BAG, however, and it's worth writing about. Back in the heyday of YouTube makeup gurus, there was this expression for their favourite products and particularly coveted items: HG, short for "holy grail".Well, for me a black pre-loved Chanel bag has been the holy grail of bags for quite a while and a few years ago I decided to get one for my 50th. That didn't happen as I was busy organising my wedding and only very infrequently browsed bag listings on my favourite platform for second hand luxury items. Last year, though, I had already narrowed down my search and decided on the model I wanted to get: a "camera bag" of a certain type (without a tassel) and size (not the oversized, but the compact one). I set up a few alerts and defined the maximum I was willing to pay, only to realise that most bags in excellent condition came with a much higher price tag. Well, until the week before last when I was sitting in a restaurant with Highflyer and two of his sisters, who were in town, and got a notification on my phone that there was a 48-hour-price drop (of about 500 EUR) on one of my bookmarked bags and my heart raced. In the subway on the way back to my flat I pulled the trigger and bought the bag, because I knew I would regret it if I didn't. About a week later it arrived after having been authenticated by an expert of the site and I could not be happier. Personally, I think the classic double flap bags (way more expensive anyway) only look cool on young women, but make somebody of my vintage automatically age a decade and seem more conservative, but this bag is really timeless and makes every outfit look cooler. One more handbag and possibly the classiest one of them all.
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist