Monday, February 20, 2023

Mere Mortal


Beginning with March 1, I will be a mere mortal when it comes to frequent traveller privileges as relative inactivity has led to me losing my FTL status at the end of this month, unless I choose to pay a rather hefty price for renewal, which I have decided not to as this will just delay the inevitable for a year. My favourite perk apart from occasional last-minute upgrades at the gate was being able to skip queues and checking in an extra piece of luggage, but I shall survive without those privileges and being the registered spouse of an airline employee is not the worst alternative, either. Still, it feels like the official end of an era that, at one point in my life, I was really eager to cling on to business-and-weekend-tripping-me and found it hard to accept that my life was more stationary. I still love travelling, though, and am looking forward to our UK trip in May that was originally supposed to take place in May 2020 when a global pandemic had other plans for us...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist