Monday, January 02, 2023

PTST Light

I am currently in Innsbruck, enjoying some days of skiing with Highflyer and his sons. In a few days it will be a year since I fell on the slopes and injured my right knee. In the meantime, I had physio and did almost daily exercises, but since I don't know what it looks like inside, i.e. if the partially torn ligament has grown together, etc. I can just hope that everything is fine again and I was more than a little apprehensive, almost not wanting to go skiing alone in Carinthia, but then did anyway, twice. I was very cautious and tense, but wanted to overcome the mini-trauma (that pain was something else). It was easy to find excuses and I can understand how people gradually glide into not skiing at all for good. I was reminded of that saying that people who had a car accident should try and get behind the wheel as soon as possible before their anxiety gets worse and they can't overcome it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist