Monday, November 21, 2022

Lockdown Nostalgia

 

This might be a very controversial statement, but I suffer from occasional lockdown nostalgia, or more specifically, WINTER lockdown nostalgia. Contrary to what this photo suggests, I don't miss having to "style" Highflyer's hair with an electric trimmer because haircutting is not really my talent, nor passion. What I do miss is the simplicity of life and quiet domestic bliss of the past two winters when nobody was expected to do anything or go anywhere with anyone in the run-up to Christmas. No obligations, no FOMO, no calendar-juggling. 
This is not to say that I am not extremely thankful for the pandemic slowly morphing into an endemic disease, but it is as it is, I quite frequently think back wistfully to my uneventful existence in the tightly sealed suburban bubble-for-two.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist