Sunday, November 13, 2022

Home is Where the T-Shirt is Not

For about 1.5 years a.ka. the Lockdown Era, I only sporadically visited my flat in Vienna as my main residence was Highflyer's house. I actually liked the simplicity of having fewer things around me and it felt like an extended holiday for the longest time. Now that I am partly back to the (brick and mortar) office and spend more time in the city it seems like an eternal ferrying back and forth of clothes, shoes and other items. Sure, I have long since bought duplicates of all my favourite kitchen appliances and the "country house" is now better equipped for culinary endeavours as I have much more space there. Also, I have parked most of my casual clothes there as I don't put on fancy clothes for home office. However, it sometimes happens that the very thing I was going to reach for happens to be at the respective other place. It may be only a 30-40 mins car journey, depending on traffic, but is still feels weird at times to divide my time between two places. It's absolutely a first world problem to have a "bonus home", but at times I do feel a little torn and not quite at home at either locations. Judging by the contents of my fridge, my flat in Vienna has long become the step child in this patchwork family...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist