Monday, March 27, 2023

Some Things Never Change

Last week I really wasn't feeling too great (basically I felt a mean cold coming on and did my best to fight the symptoms). In other words, the ideal home office scenario, if not an excuse for taking a sick day or too, which, truth be told, I have not ever done in the past almost 6 years I have worked for my company. However, I had committed to facilitating workshops on two days running and knew that there was no backup for me. Sooo, I pulled myself together and went to the office to do my thing, just like in the old days. Obviously, if it had been Covid (took a total of 6 home antigen tests) I would stayed at home and some kind of Plan B would have been found, but as I knew from past experience that I can function if I must, I did. Somehow I had thought that showing up at work sick was a thing of the pre-Pandemic past, but this was only true as long as people still panicked if someone near them sneezed or coughed. I guess it's a sign that we're REALLY back to (almost) normal now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist