Monday, June 19, 2023

Yay For No Plans


This past Saturday I had no plans (and was alone for the greater part of the day as Highflyer had to work). I love days like this. Now that we have put the pandemic behind us life feels like it did pre March 2020 in many ways only with more home office (for me anyway). Juggling after-work and weekend commitments, comparing calendars with friends, knowing that those among them who have kids at school and/or are teachers or lecturers will be away for most of the summer, etc. I have always been a social creature who loves interacting with other people and is up for spontaneous activities 11 times out of 10, but as an only child I have also always been really good with not getting bored when on my own, either. I really love my me time and having plans every single evening of the week can get a little draining at times. Enjoying time at home, doing "nothing" has become even more enjoyable now that I have a kitchen with ample counter space and a garden at the country house as I call it. I really do love spending time in suburbia, even more so when I have days in the city to balance it and appreciate it even more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist