Monday, December 12, 2016

Week 49: Work-Life Balanced | Lady of Leisure

I've been trying to find out what the perfect balance of work vs. time off should be (for me, that is). This past week, my work week was even shorter than usual since Thursday was a holiday in Austria. This meant that I had 2.5 days at the office followed by a 4.5 days weekend. I don't want to complain (#firstworldproblems), but to be honest, I but don't think I would like this every week. I guess my personal preference is for exactly half work, half weekend, i.e. 3.5 : 3.5 It's not that I get bored EVER, but that I firmly believe you only value the special treats if you don't have them all the time. Even if I won the lottery (which I have never bought a ticket for in my life...but maybe should) I definitely would not quit my day-job, unless it was seriously horrible. If that was the case, I would try and get another (part-time) one. For once, I am a social animal and I also quite like a certain routine. I look forward to talking to my colleagues and to having lunch at the places I only frequent during the week. Of course I could (and do) meet my work friends outside the office and go eat at the same restaurants on Sundays, but it's still not the same. It's like Christmas cookies: I love baking and eating them, but only around Christmas. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist