Monday, October 24, 2016

Week 42: Ever After | Testimonial

On Saturday, the Gazelle, one of my best "work friends", got married. I felt a personal "involvement" in this relationship as I still remember when she showed me her now husband's profile at an online dating platform 4 years ago. "This is my dream man" she pronounced and I was surprised at her enthusiasm and decisiveness. He was her second date and it was a hit. After their second or so meeting, they were officially together and it was clear that they were the perfect match. Oh, and they also have two beautiful girls in the meantime. I am so happy for her. Before meeting her hubby, let's call him the Hunter, she suffered a too long relationship with a commitment-phobe and I listened to her (literally) sob-stories in many lunch hours. To claim that I have heard about such types and similar unhappy (non-) relationships would be a lie. Been there, done (or NOT done) that. While I don't think that online dating will be the route to happiness ever after for me, personally, this happy couple is a comforting testimonial that you can find the person you want to spend the rest of your life with.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist