Monday, September 05, 2016

Week 35: Rollercoaster | Planning Escapes

Among all the emotional weeks I have had this year - and I have had my fair share - this past one ranks among the top 3 definitely so far. Frustrating work background noise aside, I got yet another reminder that there is obviously no limit to the shitty things men come up with to hurt women. It does not even matter much if these words or actions are deliberate or accidental, but in my case the protective Teflon layer I have tried to build up over the years has become porous and does not work quite as efficiently to ward off the insults when I am not my chirpiest, happiest self and just want to be treated nice and respectfully without having to constantly be on guard. Suffice it to say I am still very upset as I am writing this post on Sunday morning.
On the bright side, I spontaneously booked a week in Ibiza and am very much looking forward to a few chilled days by the seaside with one of my all-time favourite travel companions from the "Nice Gang". Can't wait.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist