Monday, August 08, 2016

Week 31: Ripe | Holidays!

I am writing to you from Nice, where I am spending the first of two weeks of annual leave. In German we have a really fitting adjective for someone who has been longing for a break and is more than deserving of it: urlaubsreif, literally ripe for a vacation . This is what I was feeling like and it is quite a novel sensation for me. While I am always looking forward to a break, I rarely ever get stressed by work. I do, however, get stressed by uncertainty and this is what I have had my fair share of these past months, so that I couldn't wait to leave *things* behind and switch off at my happy place that is Nice in summer. Despite the recent events, it has been like a breath of fresh air to come back.
eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist