Monday, June 06, 2016

Week 22: Energized | I Heart Summer

You know those Q&As in magazines where they ask stars to answer a few questions to make them more relatable to their fans or reveal previously unknown trivia? These often contain the questions "which is your favourite season?"I used to always think that this is a hard question and I would probably answer it with "all of them the same way", but as I got older, I discovered that I have a clear preference for summer. Technically, it is still late spring, but I am not bothered about what the calendar says. I simply mean the time when days are longer, you don't need a jacket and you feel that you can get so much more done because you (I at least) have so much more energy. I always feel a little high, in a good way, and everything seems better when the sun's out. If there ever is a petition to sign that is in favour of daylight saving time all year round, I'd be the first to sign it. I particularly love Vienna in the summer. Where some people feel the need to escape to the country, I fall in love with the city all over again in the hot months. Admittedly, I would not mind if Klagenfurt were a suburb of Vienna and I could jump into my beloved Wörther See right after work, but the Old Danube or public pools are a good enough substitute for this Aquarius. Bring on the heat!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist