Tuesday, May 02, 2006

the fact that she actually loved the bag

I got her (or very convincingly pretended to do so anyway) is just one of the things that made me happy about being with l'Italiana. If I were to devise a list of "desert-island-people", she'd definitely be among the top ten. We had a brilliant girlie-weekend full of chatting and laughing (non-stop), eating (loads), shopping (you know me!), culture (the "light" version thereof) and reminiscing* (yep. getting old). More details tomorrow, am too zombified and low-cost-airline-lagged today.
*Glimpse into our relationship-lowlights of our student days in Dublin: I died laughing when she told me about a cute guy she had to stop seeing because "you know, he always smelled of food [note: he had a job at a restaurant]". She cracked up when I tolled her about this guy dumping me with the words "You're too cool for me. You wear orange jeans and all that"...[note: back in 1993 a pair of bright orange Benetton jeans was considered cool. No, really.]
Lunch-break purchases: I have a lunch date (with the Pampered Princess's sis) today which is just as well as my credit card will have to be kept in the fridge for a couple of days to recover from overheating suffered in London...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist