Wednesday, April 19, 2006

provincial delights

Yesterday, I was too traumatised to post. Why? Because we got a scary sneak-preview of our soon-to-be boss who turned out to be a particularly arrogant, 100% charm-free, dried-up beaurocratic old fart. Don't get me wrong, we didn't exactly expect him to be drop-dead gorgeous or flirty, but, uhm, interrupting soon-to-leave-us-boss when he begins introducing us underlings by name, saying (in Japanese, but still) "There's no need, I won't remember the names anyway" is indeed somewhat lacking in etiquette, don't you think?

Let's dwell on a more pleasant topic, the Easter holidays. Predictably enough, mine were devoted first and foremost to eating. Then eating some more. Followed by E A T I N G. As in: copious amounts of cake, chocolate, ham and hard-boiled eggs. Burp.

Mere hours after my arrival in KLU last Friday, I had to check out the brand new huuuge shopping mall, City Arkaden:
City Arkaden KLU (onemorehandbag)

Huge it was indeed and the town center proper was pretty much deserted in spite of glorious sunshine. For spoilt residents of Vienna, the shops aren't much to write home about but for the poor deprived locals who until recently had to drive all the way to Graz to get their fix of Zara, Mango, et al, it must be pretty sensational. Thanks to my Mum who had just given me a really funky Camper-esque pair of shoes she got me on a two-day-trip to Zagreb, I managed to resist the handful of shoe-stores in the mall and didn't buy anything else there either.

Instead, I finally satisfied my almost physical craving for a bronze bag. A couple of years ago, suggesting I buy anything vaguely glittery or with a metal sheen would have been met with a withering look. Recently, however, I managed to convince myself I couldn't possibly survive summer 06 without a bronze (gold is too "loud" and trashy, even for yours truly) bag. However, I obviously did retain some sense in spite of myself, reasoning that it needn't necessarily have to be a leather bag as I'll no doubt revert to my metal-loathing ways by, say autum 06, so I bought the exhibit below at teenager-infested Orsay for a mere...tadah...€7,90.

tarty bag (onemorehandbag)

Lunch-break purchases: None. I strolled around with my Mum who drove back to Vienna with me on Monday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist