Tuesday, April 04, 2006

April come she will*

Last weekend, the weather was lovely and spring-y with temperatures around 20°. I washed my woollen coat and a good deal of my gloves, hats and scarves, and vowed not to put on a pair of boots again until November. Today, I was freezing in my leather coat and lace tights and had to take off my rain-drenched shoes after my lunch-break, stuffing them with paper towels in the vain hope they'll get dry by 5:30. I love(d) winter as much as I am looking forward to spring but purleeeease, can we hurry up and keep the horrible transition period to an absolute minimum!

* Just in case your encyclopedic knowledge of soppy songs isn't as sound as I though it was.

No lunch-break shopping spree today as I had a lunch date at Pasta e Basta with the Pampered Princess and am now feeling pleasantly stuffed after a plate of ravioli filled with leek and truffles.

2 Comments:

Blogger ka-ma said...

Nice photo! I wish I could see the sky like that...The weather here is also terrible and there is nothing sadder than soaked sakura (cherry blossoms)! And in my mind I keep replaying the same song over and over and over: It's raining again, oh no, it's raining again! (Supertramp)

4/05/2006 11:05:00 AM  
Blogger onemorehandbag said...

It's freeeeezing here today. I collected my down coats from the drycleaner in my lunch-break and am almost tempted to tear the plastic wrapper away and wear them again...
Speaking of sakura - On April 20 there's the annual cherry-blossom festival at the banks of the Danube and guess who'll be entertaining the crowds with origami. Yep. Yours truly.

4/05/2006 04:01:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist