Thursday, March 30, 2006

dick on a rocky reef

On our second night in Rome, the three of us dined at a restaurant in close proximity to our hotel, Le 2 Colonne .We neglected to inform staff that we were "amici di Sergio", though. See, shortly after checking in at our hotel on Friday afternoon, we went for a coffee at the bar round the corner of Le 2 Colonne and the waiter - Sergio, obviously - presented us with their business card, instructing us to tell the waiter that we were his friends. We had no intention to go there originally but after walking around all day dinner in our neighbourhood seemed like a good idea.

In a temporary spell of madness, I said "si!" when we were offered a German menu. Well, the waiter (Sergio's cousin, twice removed, probably) explained in surprisingly good German that HE wasn't to blame for the poor translation. We soon found out just how bad it was. In fact, the dishes were hardly recognisable. Number 52, "Schwanz alla vaccinara" particularly piqued our interest. I case you don't know German, "Schwanz" means "tail" but is also very widely used for a distinctive (expandable) part of the male body. Unless Lorena Bobbitt has been headhunted by Le Due Colonne, we found it a rather unlikely dish.

x-rated menue (onemorehandbag)


Item o5, "spaghetti with rocky reef" was also quite intriguing. Although sex organs and rocky reefs seemed like a unique experience we did not feel quite that adventurous and settled for pasta and risotto instead...

pasta on the rocks (onemorehandbag)


Lunch-break purchases: I only went food-shopping and - feeling very optimistic - took my 2 down coats to the dry cleaners. Fingers crossed I won't need them anytime soon.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I definitely think I am both (blonde AND old) or Sergio must have put something in the pasta.....Since I`ve come back from Rome I can`t move my left arm-it`s frozen. Do you think it`s the heavy purchases I had to carry or did our walkathon have some weird influence on my arm as well as on my feet??? Or maybe it`s the "Illuminati"! You know I read the book......

3/30/2006 05:01:00 PM  
Blogger onemorehandbag said...

Carissima Coco,

Fishing for compliments, are we? You're not only blonde but still a spring chicken(unlike me...). Oh-oh, that frozen-arm-thing doesn't sound too good. I'm glad we didn't eat the same dishes at "Le 2 Colonne". Come on - "heavy purchases"? YOU? That bit of lingerie and light-weight jacket can't have frozen your arm, I'm sure.

3/30/2006 05:08:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist