Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Metropolis!

Last Saturday, B2 gave me a lift to Amica's for our April-bookclub session. She also dropped her partner, H., at our place for TD to "babysit". I was overjoyed to see her since she hardly ever makes it to Vienna these days. What's more, she also brought me a gift, as original as it was unexpected - this bag:Klagenfurt bag (onemorehandbag) Now I've seen bags from this series with maps of other, proper cities but I had no idea they made one of my humble home town, Klagenfurt. Obviously, I wouldn't want to be cought sporting a "Vienna" bag in Vienna, that's just too tacky and touristy. But to get one of this 90,000-inhabitants-provincial capital (the scale of the map is the same as with the big cities) is borderline subversive, never mind that I got quite nostalgic and insisted on showing my colleagues my old haunts when I took the bag on its maiden outing on Monday. My parents' house is just outside the map, but then that's basically, ahem, downtown Klagenfurt on the bag, you see.
B2 bought it at Klagenfurt's recently opened huge (as in: unusually big for a town this size)shopping mall, City Arkaden, which I'm hoping to check out over the Easter weekend.
Luch-break purchases: Only a mango smoothie (didn't know you could get them here - very yummy, too!) but tonight I'll have to splurge out on another 90s pack of disposable contact lenses.

3 Comments:

Blogger johannes said...

nice! i wonder, do they sell something like this for villach too? because those would be a lot more economic. you could probably print downtown villach on one mere third of a bag and still have lots of space for... well... nice colors and designs. just wondering....

4/12/2006 04:28:00 PM  
Blogger onemorehandbag said...

Good idea! Or, alternatively maps of small towns and villages could be printed on tiny evening bags.Très stylish!

4/12/2006 04:34:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We can sew that!

4/13/2006 10:52:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist