Tuesday, April 25, 2006

procrastino ergo sum

Given my penchant for procrastination it's no surprise I'm still stuck in my dead-end job and a quite a few other circumstances that could do with a bit of un-sticking. If I had a Euro, or even a Cent for all the times I've pompusly announced the brilliant things I'm going to do...you know, later, I'd be filthy rich.

Perfect procrastination example: doing my taxes. I received the forms months ago and only blew the dust off them last weekend, taking them into the office for a change of air and scenery yesterday. Today I finally completed the form, photocopied all enclosures and typed the cover letter. It's not that I have that many sums to add, nor that filling in the form takes hours. It's just that I H - A - T - E doing it and leave it to the last moment every year. The deadline for the 2005 return is May 2, by the way.

Interestingly, however, this slackness does not seem to apply to the realm of shopping. I'd never dream of postponing the purchase of a bag or pair of shoes. What? You're not surprised? Hmmm.
Lunch-break purchases: After lugging our, uhm, billions to the bank (payday!) FCN and I trekked to Hofer (limited stocks of Italian goodies!) for some shopping of the remotely sensible kind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist