Monday, December 28, 2020

Tried and Tested

 

Like most Austrians (or at least people with parents aged 60+) I decided to do a rapid antibody Covid test before visiting my parents. In order not to "corrupt" the (negative) result I took it the evening before I went and didn't even stop for my usual toilet break on the motorway halfway between Vienna and Klagenfurt.
I am well aware of the fact that these tests are not 100% accurate, only show if you carry enough of the virus to be traceable at THAT very moment, ect, etc. And yet, it gave me some ease of mind and most of my friends felt the same. The topic of when and where people would be tested or rather had managed to secure a slot at one of the mass testing sites or at pharmacies was probably the number one smalltalk topic in the last week of advent. The last few times I had stayed at my parents' I was on the verge of paranoia that I might have infected them with the virus unknowingly. Every single sneeze or cough was very worrying and I was almost relieved when I left. This time round, I at least did what could be done given the circumstances, other than stay away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist