Monday, November 30, 2020

Rituals

 

The festive season is very different this year. Well, probably not that much more different than spring, summer and autumn have been different from 2019, but you know what I mean. Still, I find a lot of comfort in doing what I would have done in any other year, i.e. decorating and baking, even if I won't be holding the traditional girls night at my place on the weekend before Christmas where we would squeeze into my living room, have fun and eat Christmas cookies, among other things. I miss those traditions and might well have baked too many cookies already (still not finished), but am counting on being able to arrange some socially distant exchanges. With weekends filled with Christmas preparations and some nice countryside walks where you don't get close to people and don't touch any suspicious surfaces so neither need to wear a mask, nor wash/desinfect your hands constantly, I have actually been able to forget the pandemic and lockdown for long stretches of time. It is my annual rituals and the added bonus that I get to spend so much time with Highflyer (even though he often has to work on weekends) that make me enjoy this time of the year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist