Monday, November 23, 2020

Not Happening

So many plans got cancelled this year. Trips abroad, birthday parties, weddings, family gatherings, but also work events. Probably only companies that work entirely with members of their immediate family whom they live in the same household with will hold "offline" company Christmas parties this year. There definitely won't be a big office party at my company and I have not seen 95% of my team mates in person since the beginning of March this year. One type of event that got cancelled a lot this year was workshops and truth be told in same cases I gave a sigh of relief when after having been postponed for 2 or 3 times in the hope of being able to hold them in the office it was decided to "cancel it for now". Today (I am writing this on Sunday night) I am facilitating a workshop for the leadership teams of two alpha males with a tendency to demonstrate to one another who is more assertive. This workshop was originally supposed to take place the first Monday of lockdown 1, then got postponed to June and now is taking place in virtual form. I had really hoped that it would get postponed to "whenever" or cancelled for good, but, now, alas there is no escaping it. I'd be much in favour of a selective type of plan disruption caused by our favourite virus: let the nice things happen, but feel free to put a stop on all the uncomfortable commitments...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist