Monday, April 13, 2020

An Exercise in Minimalism

Now that I've spent more than 4 weeks in my suburban isolation retreat, I've noticed an interesting phenomenon. Just like back in 2011 when I lived in Sydney for 3 months, I am really enjoying making do with less. Less clothes (although I replace them occasionally when I visit my flat once a week), less kitchen utensils, less "anything" mostly than in my own place. If you know me, you know that I have a lot of anything I own. Numerous handbags, clothes, shoes, nail polish, make up...you name it. While I am still a shopaholic who has found excuses to place quite a few orders in the past weeks (all of them essential, of course...ahem), I have realised that I really don't need much here and it feels strangely freeing. My favourite place is the garden and the fashion police rarely patrol there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist