Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Shiny and New

I guess you knew it was only a moment of time until I would post a picture of some bag bought in the sale, right? Well, this time Net-a-porter kindly sent me a newsletter and since it would have been rude not to at least peruse the sale section, I ended up buying a bag. Predictably enough. I wanted to buy a brand that I didn't own yet, but had been interested in for a while and Phillip Lim and Alexander Wang came to mind. I had been mildly interested in the latter's Rocco bag for quite some time, but since I usually have a policy of going for lightweight bags and knew this was a heavy bugger weighing over 2 kgs, I wasn't too convinced. HRK actually owns one and it looked pretty cool on her. In the end, I went for Rocco's smaller brother, Rockie, telling myself that I could still return him if I didn't fancy him. However, unlike with men, I am able to fall in love at first sight with bags and Rockie and I really hit it off. Oh, and being me, I went for a really subtle colour/finish: rose gold. Hell, yeah!

The signature studs that are responsible for the bag's weight are rose gold, too.

What is best, this bag is truly a bottomless pit! On its first outing I carried my normal monster wallet (Kate Spade), bulging make-up bag, camera, 2 books, phone, keys, scarf... It is also ideal for going dancing as it comfortably fits a change of shoes if, like me, you don't last long in heels. The Rockie also comes in more "normal" colours, but I particularly like the fact that in the rose-gold one, the studs don't stick out as much. Net-a-porter nicely upgraded me to their fastest type of DHL delivery and the bag was on my desk 2 days after I had ordered it.
On Friday, the day when Rockie landed, I popped into the Högl store near my office and bought these cool flats that were on sale:
They are super comfortable and even though the gold stripes are normal, "yellow", gold as opposed to rose gold, they go with the Rockie as you can't really tell from afar. They also look pretty cool as going-out shoes paired with my Rebecca Minkoff Mini Mac bag (in the background). I broke them in on Saturday night and can really recommend you get a pair for yourself if you are looking for flats with a twist. They also come in a blue variety.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist