Wednesday, July 03, 2013

5 Pet Hates...

After the 5 random facts about me, I thought I'd share some pet hates. Whenever this comes up in a YouTube tag, I noticed that most people hate people eating noisily. While I don't exactly like that either, it doesn't quite drive me up the wall...unlike other things:

1. Sloppy grammar and punctuation (in your mother tongue at least). I'm not talking about typos in text messages or quick posts on social networks from your phone as we all know that smartphones have very small keypads. I'm talking about e-mails, letters or other forms of communication that - I think - require a minimum of concentration and dedication. It may sound extreme, but I take bad grammar that doesn't obviously fall into the typo or autocorrect category as a sign of bad education.
2. People (interestingly mostly men) who don't write umlauts or accents in e-mails DESPITE THE FACT THAT THEY DON'T HAVE AN ENGLISH KEYBOARD. Reading such e-mails makes me want to scream and then strangle the sender.
3. People who repeatedly can't remember who you are and require you to introduce yourself to them at parties every time you meet them despite the fact that you have mutual friends and meet them twice a year on average. At least pretend to remember me after the fifth time...
4. People who yawn (loudly) with their mouth open and uncovered.
5. Long toenails and feet that are obviously not taken care of but on full display in sandals. I could puke. Every single time. The same holds true for long fingernails on men. Most revolting thing ever.

3 Comments:

Blogger alcessa said...

Funny, my tolerance for bad Slovene writing has shrunk recently a lot, too. Especially since I find it so often in official documents I need to translate - it makes me worry I might have to adapt to certain things I don't like, otherwise customers in Slovenia will deem my translations bad (I am only partly exaggerating)

And bad smells ... something about my nose becoming totally intolerant ... Iggit. You know, when you cannot eat certain foods but they are "everywhere" (like garlic - my stomach always tries to kill me if I eat it unaware). Or cigarette stench :-(

I don't mind Umlaute or yawning, though ...

7/03/2013 11:26:00 AM  
Blogger onemorehandbag said...

Thanks for comment, Alcessa! I totally agree on the smells front. If somebody enters the subway with a big fat kebab with onions (I HATE raw onions) or a "Leberkässemmel" first thing in the morning, my stomach turns...

7/03/2013 11:30:00 AM  
Blogger onemorehandbag said...

haha, for THE comment, I meant. Speaking of bad grammar

7/03/2013 11:30:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist