Sunday, February 07, 2010

Snow!

This is the view from my bedroom here in KLU:
snow in KLU (onemorehandbag)I really love snow in its virgin, pure, white form. Now this might seem obvious and if you live in the countryside it's no big deal either. If you live in a city like Vienna where you need to visit a cemetery to experience nice snow, you'll understand me.

So I was really excited when I looked out of my bedroom window and saw the trees in my parents' garden dipped in white, mentally slapping myself on the shoulder for having taken 2 extra days off for skiing.

Today Mum and I went to Dreiländereck and I took lots of photos and videos with my mobile phone. As I did not take its USB cable, nor an adapter for its micro SD card to KLU, you'll have to wait for the skiing footage until I get back to Vienna. Despite Carinthian schools being closed for the semester break, the slopes were virtually empty. My Mum speculated that it was the financial crisis that made families economise on skiing, which admittedly is an expensive sport, especially if you are a family of 4 or more. (I joked that I didn't find it was an expensive sport at all, given that I always get treated to the ticket and whatever I have for lunch by my Mum when I go skiing with her. Spoilt brat, I know.) I don't know what the reason was, but we definitely didn't mind not having to queue for the lift or ski around hordes of fellow skiers or snowboarders.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist