Monday, March 30, 2009

The F Word

It seems I am a citizen of the tiny Gallic village refusing to open a facebook account. Refusing because I prefer to communicate with my friends via e-mail or IM rather than fancy status messages and holiday snapshots from exotic locations. Also because I know who's my friend (and foe) without a programme to blackmail all my acquaintances and business contacts to become best friends with me. Never mind inviting recruiters and HR departments to have a field day when they find "funny" photos online. The only social network I am a member of is XING, to which I got invited by Novala when it was still called Open BC. I am definitely a more passive than active member of that "exclusive" circle, mostly accepting new (business) contacts and refusing to upgrade to the premium membership.

3 Comments:

Anonymous novala said...

didn't I also talk you into blogging?

3/30/2009 11:11:00 PM  
Anonymous alcessa said...

I'm with you on that one. I tried FB and ran away soon - also because I found out I prefer my FB-friends' blogs.

3/31/2009 09:04:00 AM  
Blogger onemorehandbag said...

Novala, although you didn't talk me into it, you're the reason I found out about blogs in the first place. I suppose I could just blame you when they publicly flog me for "spamming", hehe

3/31/2009 09:08:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist