Friday, March 27, 2009

Fond(ue) Memories

chocolate fondue (onemorehandbag) Last night, MM dropped by to return something I had lent her. I did not want her to treat me to dinner (again) so suggested I cook something for her. I made chocolate fondue for dessert (yep, a very light dessert for 9 p.m.), complete with squares of freshly baked sponge cake. Chocolate fondue was the staple and highlight of my birthdays when I was a kid. My mum always made a wicked chocolate sauce and knew to cover the table with a disposable cloth. Predictably enough, after 6 - 8 kids had feasted on chocolate fondue, the tablecloth was a mess. I have tried it in restaurants, but it is not the same as a home-made one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist