Monday, March 23, 2009

Chocolate Chip Quickies

Last night I felt like some comfort baking (plus I wanted to use the eggs and butter in my fridge). I adapted a recipe from Anne, always a good source for great recipes and made super-quick chocolate chip muffins.
chocolate chip muffins (onemorehandbag)Makes about 15 muffins

Ingredients

150 g butter
180 g sugar
3 eggs
180 g flour (I used 50 g rye and 120 g wheat flour for a pseudo-healthy alternative with the added bonus of making the dough heavier and less "porous")
2 tsp vanilla sugar
2 tsp baking powder
chocolate chips (I cut a 100g bar of really good dark chocolate with a - natural - orange flavour into little chunks, but you can of course buy ready-made chips or drops)

Beat eggs and sugar until fluffy. Add the melted butter. Mix flour, vanilla sugar, baking powder and chocolate chips in a separate bowl, and add to the other mixture. Pour into paper muffin cups and fill only to 2/4s in height. Bake in a 175°C (160° fan) hot oven for 20- 25 minutes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist