Friday, January 05, 2007

Leftovers

Teinfaltstraße, decorated (onemorehandbag)Good old Teinfaltstraße, which I walk through every morning on my way to Coma HQ was still decorated from the New Year's Eve festivities when I returned to work yesterday morning, and in fact still is. Nice and colourful, true, but in my opinion reminiscent of some sports event or manifestation of national identity rather than the turn of the year. Then again, one can overdo it with fairy lights around Christmas time so I suppose it's a deliberate statement. After all, Vienna tourism used to advertise the charms of our capital with the catchy slogan, Wien ist anders (Vienna is different).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist