Friday, July 14, 2006

What a waste

of 8 €uros! So I went to see the Lake House last night. Remember I told you yesterday I was really looking forward to a good fix of kitsch and Keanu? Turned out the kitsch was too much and "the Keanu" was not quite value for money either. Interesting K.R. trivia: I noticed that there was something decidedly odd about the guy's legs. No, really. Call me superficial, but he has disproportionally long shanks and is slightly bow-legged, too. How come I never noticed before? Probably because the shallow storyline had me somewhat distracted.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for suspension of logic and do like to be whisked away from my dull reality into a realm of fairy-tale like ... enchantment, or whatever, but the plot was just downright boring and predictable. The only thing I liked and which kept me going was the soundtrack, including a Paul McCartney song I hadn't heard before.

My colleague M. who'd suggested we go see it felt guilty when I voiced my disappointment (she didn't find it half as bad, actually) and apologised. I assured her I didn't hold her personally responsible for this sad excuse of a summer rom com. At least the cinema had airconditioning.

By the way, Sandra Bullock looked really sexy even though or rather because she seemed to have put on quite a few pounds. There are some actresses who really seem to mature like good wine and get better and more beautiful as they get older. Ornella Muti for example. Or Emma Thompson.
Wishing you all a good weekend with or without crappy films.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist