Tuesday, July 04, 2006

the blue Danube. No, make that brown.

Wachau(onemorehandbag) On Sunday, I made a bike-trip with FCN and hubby, FMC, and 2 other colleagues with their better halves. We'd wanted to go cycling in the picturesque Wachau region for ages, but last year the nasty weather and FCN's and my busy weekend-schedules meant that we had to postpone the project. After much deliberation in view of the less than promising weather forecast we settled for Sunday and were in fact very lucky with the weather which was warm, but neither too hot, nor windy. First, we took the boat from Dürnstein to Melk, then cycled the 32 kms. back to Dürnstein.

We called it our OAP-tour as we cycled mostly downhill and the 2-hour boat journey was very laid-back and touristy, too. Attractions like the church and castle above were announced over the tannoy in 6 languages, including Japanese.

Thanks to my generously upholstered behind and the (meticulously cleaned) bike I borrowed from FMC('s absentee girlfriend), my bum wasn't even sore at all and I wouldn't mind doing some kind of pseudo-sporty co-worker-bonding again.


Lunch-break purchases: None apart from food. I was good last night as well when I met the Mermaid after work.
PS: I'm wearing the dress today. A Japanese colleague told me I looked like "a Barbie from the 1960s". I asked her if it was meant as as compliment and apparently it was. Hmmm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist