Monday, June 19, 2006

mineral daughter

On Friday night I made another necklace of semi-precious stones (top picture). As you can see, I'm in my long-dangly-mineral-necklace-phase now. Like?

I've recently started recycling some old, shop-bought, necklaces that had been gathering dust for years. When I don't like the new creation any more, I'll just undo it, too and wait for creativity to strike again. Clever, eh?

Speaking of DIY - yesterday I unearthed an almost-finished summer dress that I didn't finish last year as no real summer materlialised. My Mum actually did most of the cutting and sewing on a visit in Vienna and as she'll be staying at my place from Sunday to Tuesday I'm afraid she'll disinherit me and/or take away the expensive sewing machine she gave me as a very generous birthday present years ago if I don't finish the dress until then. She knows my lazy approach to sewing and offered to do the finishing touches (hem, neckline, sleeves) as well. I can almost hear her ask me "Oh, by the way, did you ever finish that dress you insisted on finishing yourself?" Well, I actually ironed the scrunched-up thing last night and got it ready for the sewing action to take place...uhm....at some stage this week.

The weather is lovely and hot for a change so chances for indulging in any housewifey or DIY activities are rather slim.

Lunch-break purchases: Stefanel. Summer Sale. Flowery skirt. Need I say more?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still have to show you pics of the two new sweaters I made for my niece. Remind me to show them to you.

6/19/2006 10:07:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist