Friday, June 02, 2006

sabotage!

The plan was to post about the relative merits of classic black & white Hollywood films today (I went to see Billy Wilder's Sunset Blvd. with K. from my book-club last night) but right now, the futile DESTRUCTION OF MY RUCOLA SANDWICH (remeber, I'm rather partial to my daily fix of rucola) is somewhat closer to my heart.

When I returned from a walk around the block, defying the chilly temperatures and gale-force winds, I opened the fridge @ Coma HQ's ground floor kitchenette, looking forward to my lunch of sandwich, carrots (my side-dish of choice) and coffee-flavoured yoghurt. At first, I didn't notice anything odd when I took out the sandwich, which was wrapped in tin foil. When I extracted the bag of carrots from the same - bottomomost - drawer, however, I immediately had a jet of water splashing all over my shoes. Interesting. A closer look at said drawer revealed that there was a massive puddle of water, or rather that the whole drawer was afloat. Great. When I opened the wrapper of my sandwich, my heart sank as I saw the spongy mess inside. It was too late to pop out again and I desperately needed some carbs to go with my carrots. I was saved by a colleague who'd just bought a whole loaf of olive bread which she readily shared with me.

I hope this is no bad omen for the (long) Whitsun weekend. The weather alone is enough to make one miserable and grumpy...

Back on Tuesday.

Still no purchases worth mentioning. I know...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist