Friday, June 16, 2006

aimless, clueless, cashless

For the first time in years I haven't made plans for the Summer with a capital "S" yet. This morning, one of my colleagues printed out the annual departmental holiday-chart where people mark the dates of their respective vacations. What with summer officially beginning next week I felt somewhat overwhelmed that the holiday season (we're even having suitable temperatures for a change) has krept up on me while I was busy...NOT making plans. During a moan-fest on the phone to l'Italiana last weekend, she pronounced that the two of us needed a weekend-break in Ibiza (where I've never been) "popping Es". Hmmm...the idea of a weekend in Ibiza seems to be just what the doctor ordered but I'll pass on the Es, trying to get ecstatic from sunshine and shopping alone. Boring, I know.

In the past 11 years, I always spent at least week in Turkey. This year, that's not going to happen - more about that next week.

Well, something will come up and it better be cheap as I'm rather strapped for cash at the moment.

Lunch-break purchases: The plan was to buy a gift for my great-aunt and uncle whom TD and I will be visiting this Sunday but it's very hard to find things for people aged 80+ who claim not to wish for anything other than your company. I thought I'd get lucky at Tchibo where I ended up buying a set of airtight containers for myself...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Add "unemployed" to your list and welcome in my world!

6/19/2006 07:23:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist