Monday, July 10, 2006

don't believe a thing I say

me in Klimt-esque dress (onemorehandbag)So I told you I wasn't really in the mood for shopping these days, right? M-hmm. A weekend in KLU and a visit to the local Peek & Cloppenburg ("Do you have our store-card? No? Did you know that you get a further 20% off the final reduction? I've got the application form and preliminary card right here. Please sign above the dotted line.") later I own a summer dress which reminds me of something one of Gustav Klimt's heroine's might have worn and SO matches my favourite green bag. Conveniently, Mum had shoes that match the dusty pink/lilac shade and literally FORCED them on me as a temporary loan.

I also bought a "Matching Temptation" bra (like the one on the photo, only in black) and matching pants. Cool, eh? What with both having been 50% reduced it would have been an offense not to buy it. As you know, I'm usually your sensitive cotton undies kind of girl who isn't above purchasing childish days-of-the-week briefs, this lacey thing is almost *gasp* frivolous in my (innocent) eyes. Rrrr.

Those abso-lutely vital purchases aside, I spent a lovely weekend at my parents, glad I didn't trust the weather forecast which was trying to convince me that it would rain. As if. I went swimming in the Wörther See both on Saturday and Sunday. Aaaaah. Turquoise water, 23° cold/warm. Bliss! I took this morning off work to get more out of my weekend and made it to Vienna in record time.

Ever since I descended on the office at 13:20, I have had N-O-T-H-I-N-G to do. Yawn.

As I was back in Vienna so unecpectedly early, I decided to walk all the way to work and seized the opportunity to stop by the mineral (as in stones, not water) store down the road from where I live. They close at 6 which means that I normally can't make it in time. I bought 4 strings of beads, material for at least 2 necklaces. I wish I'd brought my tools into work - I could at least have done SOMETHING productive today...

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

:-)
speechlezzz

7/10/2006 07:22:00 PM  
Blogger ka-ma said...

Yeah, it is difficult to resist filling out those forms for the store cards, especially when they offer you a nice discount. My wallet is bulging since I never know, when there might be a chance to use one of them so I carry them around with me. All of them! Call me crazy, but I live by the motto: Always be prepared!

7/11/2006 11:37:00 AM  
Blogger onemorehandbag said...

Ka-ma - I apparently live by the same motto. My wallet is bulging with zillions of store cards...

7/11/2006 04:48:00 PM  
Blogger jason palmer said...

read epicurus ?

7/18/2006 03:28:00 PM  
Blogger onemorehandbag said...

No, Jason, I haven't unfortunately. Philistine, me...

7/18/2006 03:34:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist