Wednesday, July 12, 2006

or maybe I should just seriously reconsider that LaRedoute dress

LBDs and necklaces (onemorehandbag) Last night, as I was waiting for Frida (left on the picture) to turn up in front of the Burgtheater, I bumped into H., an ex-colleague of mine and proud mother of two boys. I hadn't been in touch with her since March and after I had complimented her on her tan and listened to the highlights of her family holiday in Lignano, she asked, "and, how are YOU". In German, singular and plural "you" are of course two different words and it was the plural "you" she used. "Well, I replied, "you" has taken on an entirely new meaning recently." Cue astonished look in H.'s eyes before her eyes began to inquisitively scroll down from my face to my belly. I should have known. The high waist of my recently arrived black silk dress from LaRedoute obviously supported her suspicion. Before she could congratulate me on pending procreation I specified that I had meant something completely different...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist