Monday, June 17, 2019

That Evil Twin of Mine...


When this post goes live I will hopefully have made it to Chicago. Apparently, I am a highly suspicious person, though, as for the second time I had the dubious privilege of an SSSS treatment. If you find these 4 letters on your boarding card for a flight to the U.S. (you know you do when you cannot download your boarding pass nor have it sent to your phone, but need to retrieve your boarding pass at the airport) this is what it entails. The first time (back in 2017 when I was flying to NYC with the Empress) I was selected, I got really nervous and was at the airport SUPER early as advised. I mean way earlier even than my normal notoriously early time. Thankfully, the screening did not really take that long eventually. As I don't think that I am a victim of racial profiling with my EU passport and ethnicity, I can only speculate that a dodgy person bears my name and I don't mean my mum whose first and second name I share. Alternatively, it must have been my business travel history in my last years at the Firm when I repeatedly visited Kazakhstan and Belarus for example. Are these countries suspicious to TSA or what exactly is it that makes me a qualify for the SSSS? I will most likely never find out, but it is definitely a nuisance and cause for speculation to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist