Monday, June 10, 2019

Staycation

We all know that I love weekend trips and if I could, i.e. had more annual leave from work, would take longer vacations several times a week. I do, however, tend not to go anywhere (apart from Klagenfurt) if it's a long weekend and everybody is flying or driving off. I've decided quite a while ago to leave expensive tickets, crowded airports and traffic jams on the motorways to those who are really desperate or tied to their children's school holidays. As an ex-manager of mine once put it "You and your glamorous single lifestyle". Well, you might sometimes be pitied as an unmarried, childless individual in her forties, but I actually really value the fact that I can prioritise me-time whenever I want to. This long weekend I really wanted to stay in Vienna and enjoy all the city and its surroundings have to offer. As the weather has been glorious the water rat in me got plenty of quality time in lakes and pools. For me, this was way better than jetting off somewhere or driving to my parents' whom I visited last weekend anyway and apart from relaxing I also finally managed to finish some projects I had been procrastinating on forever. The weekend is not over yet, but so far: 10/10!

1 Comments:

Blogger Todd said...

staycation in quezon city is something that we are looking forward to!

12/11/2019 07:41:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist