Monday, July 24, 2017

Inputs and Outputs. [Sic!]

Every corporation or business entity has its own acronyms, frequently used phrases and codes. I'm gradually getting used to the new lingo and technical terms. I had anticipated that most communication would be in German, but surprisingly more English is spoken and written there than I had expected and my all time favourite "cringe triggers" are major currency. As I have a (bad) reputation for being blunt and outspoken I have shut my mouth so far and not corrected people when they generously used wrong plurals, saying they were still "collecting feedbackS", "asking for more inputS" and so on. I have just innocently offered my proofreading services "should you ever need them... since I studied English, you know." A daily exercise in self-restraint, believe you me.
eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist