Monday, May 29, 2017

Seventeen Again

When this post goes live, I will probably just have finished breakfast and get ready for a final swim in the hotel pool before checking out from my hotel in Umag, Croatia, and head back to Klagenfurt after a lovely mini break. With my parents. With whom I actually also shared a room, for the first time since our last family (camping) holiday when I was 17. Since then, I have often been on vacation with just my Mum, but never with both my parents. Sharing a room was not the original plan, but they booked short notice and this was the only option with a sea view for all of us. I did not mind at all and it was very harmonious (not mentioning that my parents kindly treated me to the whole mini vacation - the perks of being a spoilt only child...), but it was funny to hear some friends' comments when I told them about my plans. These were mainly along the lines of "over my dead body" and "don't forget to pack ear plugs, I'm sure at least one of them snores - mine do!" Well, one of them DID snore - an almost sweet sound compared to the merciless blast of live music from a nearby music festival -  but I would do it again in a heartbeat and I feel privileged that unlike several of my friends my age both my parents are still alive and we get to relive our family holidays of my childhood days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist