Monday, March 27, 2017

Escape Artists

What would you do if you had long weekends every week and were "young", free and single with a nice disposable income? Let me guess, you would say "travel". Followed by "finally getting XY done in the house", followed by "taking up a new hobby". Am I right? Well, I have a confession to make. It sucks if you have all this free time on your hands and few people who are on the same schedule and available to entertain you when you want them to. Case in point - 90% of all after-work events in Vienna take place on Thursday nights. This is wise planning as for many people, Friday is the least demanding day of the week at work and they can go home earlier. Still, my dreams of being able to sleep in on Friday mornings pretty have much remained pipe dreams as I can literally count my Thursdays out since October when my new part-time schedule began on the fingers of one hand. Not the end of the world, but a source of continuing frustration for me. It's not that I can't find things to do on my own (I grew up an only child after all and quite enjoy me-time), neither is there a lack of projects I could (should!) tackle at home, but I can't help feeling cheated of all the fun times I had envisaged.
Luckily, though, just as I am about to toast myself in a pity party for one on the occasion of the boring long weekend ahead of me, typically at least one friend contacts me, who is just as eager for company and wishes to drown their weekday sorrows in a cold beverage or two. Here's to laundry unironed and windows uncleaned!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist