Friday, November 21, 2014

Frizerski Salon

There are certain things I really wish were more affordable in Vienna. Blow-dries for under € 20 are top of my list in fact. Now that I've worked with an Eastern/Central European team for 2.5 years, I am fascinated by how impeccably coiffed my female colleagues always are. There are ladies from Budapest, Bukarest and Zagreb who, when in their home countries, never wash and blow-dry their own hair at home, but always have it done at a salon for an average of €10. I am downright jealous! When I once had my arm in a bandage and couldn't take a proper shower, I went to a cheapish hairdresser chain in Vienna and paid €28 (€30 with a tip) for a wash and blow-dry. This is the normal rate for long hair in Austria (Vienna at least) and I find it bloody expensive. 
I have begun to make the most of my business trips and been to a super-fancy salon in Sofia 3 times now to have my hair cut and dried nicely for a mere €20 and also had just a blow-dry twice in Zagreb for about €12.
I see great potential for this in Vienna and if I were inclined to wash and dry people's hair would jump at the business opportunity myself. If you know of any salons offering this service at an affordable rate, let me know!

6 Comments:

Blogger alcessa said...

My frizerski salon is called Hairkiller :-) and they cut my hair for 15 EUR and let me blow dry it myself.
Since Germany has introduced the minimum wage, they may get more expensive, too - I don't mind. I go there because they do good haircuts and always tip the Hairkillerin really generously. The rest of the time I just let my hair dry as it wishes :-)

11/21/2014 12:01:00 PM  
Blogger onemorehandbag said...

@alcessa : 15 EUR is very decent indeed (and cool name!), but for me, the blow-dry is the real treat: I look so much better and more glamorous (and the glamour lasts for 4 days on average) than I could ever manage on my own as I have a lot and very thick hair.

11/21/2014 06:30:00 PM  
Blogger alcessa said...

Yes, it is also lovely (your hair)!

11/21/2014 07:59:00 PM  
Blogger onemorehandbag said...

Thank you! Wasn't fishing for compliments, though :-)

11/21/2014 09:47:00 PM  
Blogger alcessa said...

No, you weren't :-) but that was what I had wanted to say in my first comment, too, because I think so (I'm always in such a hurry and sometimes forget to say everything :-( ). What I had also wanted to tell ou is that I think you might have Hairkiller in Austria, too. While they are not simple blow drying places, they might just do it, at least that's the impression I get from the uncomplicated youth cutting my hair in our vilage :-)

Phew, mission accomplished, nothing forgotten :-) (gettin old's not easy, either :-)

11/21/2014 09:53:00 PM  
Blogger onemorehandbag said...

Wow, they have branches in AT indeed and no "Langhaarzuschlag" mentioned on the website. Cool, thank you! Will check them out and report back.

11/21/2014 10:11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist