Thursday, October 09, 2014

A Customised Solution

Let me get this out of the way first: I am a Starbucks junkie. Despite the fact that we have an expensive coffee grinder and barista machine at our office kitchen, I get my caffeine fix from one of the 2 Starbucks branches within spitting distance from said office almost every day. Their matcha latte (with soy milk, no syrup, extra matcha) remains my alltime favourite and despite the fact that I don't add sugar to my coffee or like super sweet beverages, I also love seasonal offerings like Pumpkin Spice Lattes or Gingerbread Lattes. Until recently, I didn't want to be that kind of stereotypical bimbo who orders overcustomised drinks (in particular low calorie ones...eeek!), BUT then I had a brainwave and discovered my perfect "comfort drink": a (skinny...yes, sorry, but it tastes less rich with the syrup and I prefer it that way) Melange with 2 pumps of pumpkin spice syrup. Genius! Plus: cheaper since flavours are free if you have their loyalty card and cost slightly less than if you order the regular PSL. If you like a higher coffee to frothed milk ratio and just a little kick of flavour, I can highly recommend it. I don't know if Starbucks has always offered "melange" in Austria (and nowhere else, I am sure), but I only discovered it about half a year ago and it's my favourite coffee there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist