Thursday, March 27, 2014

Home Away from Home

Earlier this week I had the opportunity to enlist a former (Austrian) team-mate for events in Sofia and show him all my favourite spots in the city. While Sofia is not known for its architectural beauty and definitely not a city American or Asian tourists typically include in their "Europe in a week" itineraries, I have mentioned before that I really like it and feel a bit at home there. On my 15 or so visits so far, I've never stayed longer than 3 nights in a row and usually stick to the same areas, but still discover something new every time and am falling more and more in love by the warm-hearted people I meet. Luckily, my colleague liked it too. He better did as I am feeling quite protective about "my" Sofia.
I am off to California this Sunday and the whole of April will be an action-packed month of short and long-haul flights. Singapore, anyone? I'll try and post as much as I can, but don't get your hopes up too high...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist