Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Fav

As regular readers know, I have been in an advanced stage of addiction regarding beauty and fashion video consumption on YouTube for several years now. Some of my favourites in that category are "haul", "tip" and "monthly favourites" videos. A really popular type of video, that I personally find extremely boring (only to be beaten by "what's in my shower" videos. I'm not joking, just search for it on YT), is "my current skincare/haircare routine". I'm actually rather appalled at how many different (and in my opinion, superfluous) products those girls use, but I do like finding out about products in general and getting a review on how they work. So here are some of my current favourites from the realm of skincare and makeup:
After hearing Youtubers sing its praise for years, I caved and bought a Clarisonic (Mia) when I was in Paris in June. Having tested it for several months now, I must say that it really makes a noticeable difference and gives your skin that squeaky clean feeling. While mine is actually a travel size, I don't take it anywhere, giving my skin a break inbetween so it won't get too used to being spoilt. These devices are on the pricey side, but I would definitely recommend it. By default, the Mia comes with a brushhead for normal skin. I have now replaced it with one for delicate skin and like this even more. Thumbs up!
I got a sample of Biotherm's serum-in-oil ("night") from the Blue Therapy line in my September Glossybox and was instantly hooked. It feels a-ma-zing on the skin and I look forward to applying it every night. It's such a luxurious feeling and doesn't compare to anything I have tried before. As you can see below, I have since purchased the fullsize bottle. I love Biotherm in general as all their products have a nice scent. I know that some people have problem skin that gets irritated by scents, but I love face and body products that smell nice and Biotherm and Clarins really do well in that category.
Another product that I first tried in sample form is Lancome's "Rénergie" line. I tested it during summer and it almost felt a tad to heavy for the season, but it is perfect now that the weather is cooler and I went a little crazy and bought the day and night creams plus eye cream. Yep. Need I say more? When I run out of these little buggers, I'm planning to buy creams from Biotherm's "Blue Therapy" line, though. I bought everything either in Duty Free or with a discount, by the way.
Regarding makeup, I discovered something that was new to me: a cream pigment by Illamasqua. Previously, I only owned one Illamasqua product, an eyeshadow that is among my all-time favourites, "Slink", which I bought in their flagship store in Zagreb last year. I decided to buy this pigment in a colour I could use as a blush rather than eyeshadow and chose the shade "Androgen" pictured below:
It has the consistency of a very thick cream (like a cream blush) but dries to a powder. Straight from the container, the colour is very intense: 
When you buff it out either with your finger or a brush, the colour is a really gorgeous and very wearable coral that I have worn a lot over the past weeks and betrayed my beloved Nars "Orgasm" with:
 The reason that made me hop onto Illamasqua's website in the first place was my hunt for their "Complement" palette, which I had swatched in a Müller store in Ljubljana. It contains my favourite "Slink" (the champagne colour) together with 3 other gorgeous colours that are right up my alley. The brown has a creamy texture, the lighter plum is matte and the dark plum has a slight shimmer. I really love it and it has become my travel palette:

"Slink" doesn't really show up much in the swatch above, but believe me, it is THE perfect everyday colour.
What are your current favourites?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist