Saturday, August 24, 2013

Soft Targets

I don't know about you, but I tend to have a kind of mental to-do-list when I have a day off or am on vacation at my parents'. It hardly consists of demanding tasks and I don't tear out my hair if I don't get around to doing it in the end, but there are always some things I intend to tick off that imaginary list. Here's what I had in mind for my 10-days vacation in KLU:
1. Visit all my friends' new apartments and houses (done: see previous post) and an old (literally) family friend.
2. Try to stay away from shoe-stores and other traps where I usually spend money (well...also see previous post. Didn't buy any shoes, though!)
3. Get my car serviced and clean it inside and out (all done, yay)
4. Make some bracelets (I had so much pent up creativity, I ended up making about 15)
5. Check out furniture stores and organise stuff for my bedroom revamping project (ordered a new bed and bought lights for my future walk-in-closet)
6. Diminish my pile of reading material (in this case my backlog of Monocle magazines - I am a subscriber, but never find the time to read it - and the Steve Jobs biography I left at my parents' 3/4 read): quota achieved!
7. Learn the cyrillic alphabet. Postponed. I didn't open the booklet I recently ordered from Amazon and took along optimistically. I bought it as every time I'm in Bulgaria or Serbia it bugs me that I can read about 60% of the letters and almost get a headache from trying to decipher street signs.
8. Don't check work e-mail and stay largely offline. Managed the first part (and am slightly dreading an inbox on fire on Monday...) and hadn't opened my computer since Tuesday night when I wrote the last post, but still kept checking the usual suspects on my phone (Instagram, Bloglovin, my private GMail).
9. Spend as much time outdoors and at the lake as possible. Thankfully, the weather was co-operating!
10. ?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist