Tuesday, August 20, 2013

So Far: Architecture, Trea-Hugging, Grammar and More

I've been in KLU since Thursday, when I arrived with la Mademoiselle in tow. We had a great if too short time together (at least she claimed to think so as well!) and I really enjoyed playing tour-guide in the town where I spent the first 18 years of my life. I even showed her my school, which is not any old school, but housed in an 800-years-old former Cistercian monastery and surrounded by a beautiful park complete with river and pond. Don't believe me? Here's a picture of said school:
The park that is adjacent to my alma mater houses some seriously impressive trees, such as this fellow I'm trying to hug:
I've managed to tick off every item that was on my "architecural tour list" already, the new apartment, house and penthouse of 3 good friends. All three were very, very nice in their own way and since I didn't ask permission to post pictures of any of their homes on the internet, I hardly took any and will merely show you the view from Frida's summer apartment overlooking the beautiful Wörther See to get an idea that they were in fact more than just "nice". Here you can see the Mademoiselle deep in conversation with Frida, picture taken from behind the blinds in the living room:
As a regular reader of this blog you will remember that visits downtown and popping into the local Peek&Cloppenburg in particular spell D.A.N.G.E.R. (to my bank account). Well, today was no different and I first picked up the Furla bag that already had caught my attention when I innocently showed my visitor one of my favourite bag stores in town. It was still waiting for me...clearly fate! Then I was idly perusing the sales racks as my Mum was trying on stuff in P&C when I found a gorgeous Marc O'Polo cotton dress (made out of a Liberty fabric Need I say more?!) It was a size larger than my usual one, but 50% off so I tried it on. Well, it has a nice loose fit and what's more, goes with the bag that I bought half an hour earlier. See for yourself in my changing room selfie:
At home, I took a picture with flash to give you a more accurate idea of the colours:
The bag can be worn cross-body or with the strap adjusted to shoulder-length and shorter. Love! It was reduced as well. I felt semi-justified for the purchase as I had previously sold a bunch of my DIY bracelets to friends of my parents and thus earned a bit of "pocket money".
This morning as I was waiting for my car to get its first annual check-up (happy to report that Flocki 2.0 doesn't have any ailments whatsoever), I went into some furniture stores that are in the vicinity of my Toyota garage. At one of them, I took a double take when I noticed these posters that were all over the place:
Notice anything strange here, you German speakers? Well, I at least thought "WTF!" when I saw the plural of Lager spelled with an umlaut. However, a little online research showed that even the Duden, THE authority on German grammar lists is as a plural variation. You live and learn. Well, at least it rhymes with Schnäppchenjäger (bargain hunter)...
In other "news", I have swum in two lakes, made several bracelets, ate some of my favourite homemade food and overall enjoyed some chilled out days. I hope the worker bees don't hate me too much. Your fate will be mine next week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist