Thursday, November 15, 2012

This May Be My Autumn Favourite

Today I inherited an Essie nailpolish from the Gazelle, who found that it didn't suit her skintone. I know the feeling: "Sand Tropez", which looks otherworldly gorgerous on her fingers looks pretty blah on mine and I will actually give her the bottle as a backup. The colour is not new, but I hadn't tried it yet and it's perfect for autumn/winter, I think. Meet "Chinchilly":
It's slightly more purple-toned in real life, but nowhere near as purple as "Merino Cool", which I already own. Unlike many other Essie polishes I have tried, it applies super-smooth and is opaque in two coats. Thumbs up!

If you thought the hand belonged to a ninety-year old, I won't hold it against you. I was pretty shocked by the wrinkles in the picture myself (= skin crying out for moisturizer), but couldn't be bothered retaking the photo after the skin had plumped up again post-lotion.

Epic post on peel-off nailpolish base-coats coming up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist